Monday, January 10, 2011

it's the little things

We had a great time yesterday at Jake's birthday party.  The cake is gone (thank goodness, no temptations), presents were opened and family was enjoyed.  It is back to work today and then preparing for the next big birthday (all the boys were born in Jan, 10 days apart, 9th, 19th and 29th)  If that isn't good planning, I don't know what is....)

I couldn't find any candles except for the "1" from Madelyn's 1st birthday, so we made due with it.  It doesn't look like Jake minded!!



We woke up to a little snow today.  It's pretty and I don't mind it, but I'll be glad for spring to get here!


It is still snowing, we are expecting 3-5 inches today and overnight tonight.  So, Brian and I went out today to run a few last minute errands.  I was wishing the fireplace was working.

I got up first thing, made my to-do list (Chalene Johnson's 30 day challenge) and then did my Turbo Fire workout.  I've decided that I'll workout first thing in the mornings so that I know it gets done.  I've been too slack about making my fitness a priority!

I told Brian I wish I had a steamer to make my chai's and that I could make him some latte's, so this little jewel has come into our lives.  I'm getting ready to break it in.  I'll let you know how it goes.  I'm not a coffee drinker, so I don't know how much use  it will get.  Probably more than I think :)


It's the little things in life that make me happy!

Discussion:  What is one little thing in your life that is making YOU happy today?